- Is your demand forecast based on sophisticated and highly accurate computing techniques?
- Are you aware of the key causal factors on which demand management is based on?
- Do you wish to implement state-of-art Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) modules in your organization?
- Are you effectively optimizing your primary and secondary distribution costs?
- Do you check for the options of Make vs. Buy vs. Exchange?
- Are your infrastructural facilities sufficiently jacked up to supply your demand?
- Are you optimally maintaining the inventory levels outside the refinery limits?
- How frequently are your inventory levels fluctuating to manage unplanned disruptions?
- How often do you perform distress sales/purchases to manage inventory levels?
- Is your retail sector focusing on deliveringthe right quality and quantity of fuel to the customers?
- Are you aware of the latest advancements in Retail Automation for vehicle identification?
- Do you wish to build customized dashboard apps for holistic visualization and analysis from Forecourt to HQO?
Supply & Distribution
Current day market competitiveness creates a need to deploy effective solutions in the oil and gas business for managing the petroleum supply chain through timely visualization of market demand, identification of inventory pinch spots and proactive scheduling of supply chain movements with the objective of devising the most optimal distribution, exchange and inventory plan.
Understanding the means to improve the quality of the logistics and transport systems and to reduce costs at the same time can be ensured with the use of information technology solutions in the sector of the supply chain.
Critical emphasis areas for SCM management downstream of the refinery are:
Tight integration of S & D tools with P & S tools shall boost profitability manifold compared to a “Silos-Approach” which leads to implementing sub-optimal decisions
It is a critical link in supply-chain to avoid stock dry-out, inventory overflow and facilitate accurate product distribution. This typically involves forecasting “unconstrained” market demand based on historical and dynamic real-time data. Efficient Demand Management will save the business from supply imbalances such as stock dry-out, inventory overflow and uneconomical buy/sell scenarios. Demand planning usually spans over periods ranging as long as a year and is refreshed on a fortnightly or a weekly basis. A thorough mix of manual inputs (judgmental forecasting) from sales, marketing, finance and customer feedback groups coupled with automated outputs from statistical methods would yield apragmatic forecasted demand.
Tight integration of “Refinery Production planning” with “Demand planning” is required for supply/demand optimization and for traders to plan imports/exports.Learn More
Refinery product distribution outside the refinery battery limits can be categorized into:
Involves planning the distribution of finished products from multiple refinery locations to multiple terminals in optimal volumes through multiple routes (rail, truck, barge, pipe-line, etc.) over a time-frame
Involves optimizing the transportation of finished products from multiple terminals to various retail and customer outlets mostly by trucks
Powerful supply chain planning tools help solve multi-commodity distribution optimization problems regarding allocating resources which include transportation, raw materials, sales demands and processing facilities in order to:Learn More
“Inventory” is commonly used as a buffer in the supply chain to help manage operational disruptions and demand volatility. However, it has major working capital implications.
Terminal management is often concerned with the following challenges in sustaining healthy aggregate inventory levels in the overall refinery downstream supply chain:
Retail operations is one area that OMC’s have targeted in the recent past to deliver “right quality and quantity” of fuel to the customers and to set-freethe business from adulteration, pilferage and over invoicing the consumer.
Critical areas to be managed in a Fuel retail network are point-of-sale (POS) operations, Back-office operations (BOS), forecourt management, payment processing and head-office systems. Many leading software applications are available to automate and rightly address the requirements at these critical areas.Learn More
What we offer
- Study the business “As –is” process
- Identify areas of enhancement of the Business Process through benchmarking
- Provide road-map to achieve “To-be” status in-line with the best practices available world-wide
- Rightly understand the needs of the client to offer tailor-made solutions that benefits the core business model
- Identification and resolution of pinching constraints through analytical tools
- Establishing the business process of retro-analyzing the output to make the models more robust
- Implementation of effective Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) modules
- Build/re-vamp supply chain demand and distribution planning models
- State of the art end-to-end automation solutions from Forecourt to HQ
- Customized dashboard apps for holistic visualization and analysis all through the supply chain
- Integration of Supply distribution tools with Production planning and scheduling tools
- Perform What-if analysis for new strategies/markets, new terminals and transportation modes