In today’s challenging world of O&G business, engineers are continuously being pushed to develop processing facilities at reduced costs whilst maintaining operational flexibility and not increasing the risk to people and the environment. Process simulation studies enable the asset owners and the system designers to gain a better insight into the design and operation of their facilities.
In downstream process, simulation studies are used to:
There are two main types of refining simulation
Steady state simulation
Steady state simulation analysis is used to analyze the processes when the system is in equilibrium. Typical applications of steady state simulation analysis are to:
- Develop the heat and material balance for the process
- Prepare process equipment data sheets
- Analyze relief and flare systems
Dynamic simulation is an extension of steady state simulation that allows the user to predict the response of process parameters due to changes in operation with respect to time.
Some of the dynamic simulation analysis utilized in refinery and petrochemical processes to optimize the performance are:
We offer the following services in the area of Process Simulation:
Steady State Simulation
Simulation of Dynamic Behaviors of Process Equipment’s and process piping viz.
- Compressor Loop Study, Anti-surge line/Valve design and its adequacy checking.
- Depressurizing Study, Design and validation of relief valve/vent valve/Emergency depressurization system.
- Control Scheme validation.
- Start-up/ Shutdown/ Scenario testing.
- Critical control loop tuning parameter estimation.
- Validating Cause and Effect matrix for ESD system for critical equipment’s or plant-wide.
- Plant performance checking
- Debottlenecking/Revamp Study